Unicom Management Services (Cyprus) Ltd., established on the 24th January 1991, is a member of the Sovcomflot Group but an independent ship management company providing services such as full management, technical management, crew management, commercial management, full operation management including disbursement and freight and hire calculations, marine insurances & claims handling and project and newbuilding supervision.
Beyond managing various types of vessels SCF Unicom is specialized in full management services for the safe operation of oil and gas tankers.
SCF Unicom presently manages a fleet of 97 vessels amounting to 7.5 million DWT of which 89% are tankers. 31 of these tankers are trading under long term time charters in the harsh ice conditions in the arctic during the winter months.
SCF Unicom is committed to its Safety Management System in order to achieve its goal to always maintain and continuously improve its Environment & Quality Management. At the end of 2007 the company successfully implemented the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to continuously monitor and improve constantly the quality of its services. During 2009 the company implemented successfully Amos2Q in the office and throughout its fleet. This has been considered as Best Practice during our 14001:1996 audit by DNV in December 2009 in the reduction of paper usage.
SCF Unicom has been ISO 9002 accredited since 1993, fully compliant with ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:1996 standards and the ISM Code and in December 2009 updated the system to be compliant with ISO 9001:2008 and ISO14001:2004. The company has voluntarily implemented the "US maritime compliance program".
KEY FEATURES OF SCF UNICOM ARE:
• diverse and highly skilled multinational management team
• compliance with ISO 9001.2000 / ISO 14001.2004 / ISM codes
• approval by oil majors of their stringent requirements
• top rank position in several quality & safety operational schemes (our vessels have 100% port of Long Beach compliance)
• voluntary implementation of the US Maritime Compliance Programme and the Green Award
• signing as 1st tanker operator for multiple vessels to Lloyd’s Register HUll Integrity Service
• full third party management to selected quality ship owners
• expertise in the design and building supervision of tankers, LNG and LPG carriers
• provision of highly qualified and experienced crew with well over 80% employee retention
• ongoing training of qualified personnel experienced within the ship management sector
SCF UNICOM SERVICES INCLUDE:
• Crew Management
• Technical Management
• Marine, Safety and Quality Management
• Commercial Operations Management (pre and post fixture, insurance placement)
• Claims Management (all types)
• Project and New Building Supervision